Things may look a bit different, but we are happy to be able to provide our services during this challenging time!
Here’s what we’re doing to help keep you safe:
• Protocols- following government and public health recommendations, restrictions, and mandates
• Returned items stay in quarantine for 1 week before being returned to the shelf (note: items will remain on your account for an additional week after return)
• Physical Distancing measures – floor markings to indicate direction and waiting spaces, limit of 5 visitors in the building at one time, limited seating areas
• Timed visits – Patron visits are limited to ½ hour for the time being to give everyone a chance to access while respecting capacity limits
• Public Computers – 3 physically distanced computer stations are available for public use for 1 hour – stations are sanitized between use
• Hand sanitizer – available at front entrance, service desk, and throughout the library
• Enhanced cleaning –high-touch surfaces are sanitized every 2 hours throughout the day
• Mask policy – Provincial Mask Mandate in effect
• Self-monitoring – staff will self-assess before work, and will stay home when they do not feel well
• Porch Pick-up and external Wi-Fi access remain available
Please help us keep our community safe by:
• Self-assess for symptoms of COVID-19 and staying home when you do not feel well
• Wear a mask
• Sanitize your hands using the dispenser in front lobby before entering
• Maintain physical distancing in the library and while waiting to enter
• Watch for signs and follow directional floor markings
• Limit unnecessary touching of surfaces and materials
• Accompany and supervise children under 12 years of age to ensure physical distancing
• Consider sending one family member to pick up materials for everyone
• Respect time limits
• Be kind – staff are adjusting to all these new protocols, procedures, and mandates too!
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about our services during the pandemic. Please contact us for more information.