Want to help?
Assistance is always appreciated!
Please contact Library Staff to let us know how you wish to help.
Become a Friend
It’s easy to become a Friend of the Library. All you have to do is give us your name and phone number and tell us what area you would like to volunteer in. Friends of the Library help raise funds by holding special events, book sales, and bake sales.
Donate Used or New Materials
Donations of your gently used books or movies are greatly appreciated. However, they must meet the following criteria:
1. Good condition: no mold, mildew, dirt or torn pages
2. Up-to-date: books must be less than 10 years old for fiction, 5 for non-fiction
3. If we cannot use the books in the library, they will be passed on to the friends to sell and raise funds. If you do not wish this, please let us know at the time of donation
4. Movies should be in DVD format, clean, and in good working condition
Cash donations are gratefully accepted. You may direct the funds to a specific area of the library (e.g., children's programming, books, movies, tech support, computer equipment) if you choose.
Donations by those attending library programs are also appreciated, as these help offset costs.
We are a registered charity. Tax receipts are issued for donations of $10 or more.
Monetary donations may be given in honour of a deceased loved one, or factored into estate planning. You may specify where you would like these funds to be directed.
Library materials may be purchased as well. We ask that you please consider the following guidelines when making your decision on what to purchase:
1. Fiction books are a thoughtful selection, as they will be used the most. Choose a book by your loved one's favorite author, or in the genre they enjoyed
2. If a non-fiction title is preferred please consider the subject, and if the material will become outdated quickly. Gardening, cooking, hobbies, history, and literature titles make excellent Memorial donations, as they stay relevant. Books on computers, law, health, and travel guides do not
3. Donations of movies may be appropriate, however, do keep in mind that DVDs are easily damaged and it may not be possible to find a replacement copy
After extended periods of use, items may become too worn or damaged to circulate. While we do our best to replace copies in poor condition, some items may be out of print and no longer available. Please let us know if we may find a suitable replacement should that occur.